MegaSceneryEarth Scenery Install Manager
- One-click installation and uninstallation of bulk areas using our new Scenery Install Manager. Download Here (3.0 Mb) Click Here for PDF instructions.
Note: Some Antivirus program and browsers falsely report this file as being/having a Trojan. This is a false positive. The file is clean. You can test the file yourself at https://www.virustotal.com. 5 engines out of 67 falsely detect a trojan. You can check that here.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Packs 1 and 2
For MegaSceneryEarth (or any photoscenery) to display properly in FSX, you need to either have Acceleration pack installed or FSX Service Pack 2. These updates install the latest version of the terrain.dll engine required to display MegaSceneryEarth (or any other photoscenery) correctly. The most obvious symptom if you don't have these are large black or badly colored squares over your terrain. Please note that to install SP2 you have to install FSX Service Pack 1 first.
You can download these service packs here:
FSX Service Pack 1
FSX Service Pack 2
FREE Photo Aligned Airports Courtesy Of MegaSceneryEarth Customer Gene Lacy
There's nothing worse than flying VFR over miles of realistic photo scenery only to arrive at a cartoon looking airport!
Justflight's Airport Studio was used to realign airports to photo imagery and convert them to "Totally-Photo" by eliminating apron polygons and reassigning all taxiways as transparent apron paths. These uploads contain airports aligned to MegasceneryEarth for each particular state. Generic buildings were "excluded" if they obstructed a correctly placed pathway. Some taxiway signs may have been overlooked and left scattered about. If they pose a serious distraction at your favorite airport, report the airport identifier to [email protected].
Extract this folder to where ever you prefer and direct your FSX scenery library to this state's airports folder. Place it near the top of the library list so these airports will take priority over the default FSX airports. Activate this state's airports folder for the "Totally-Photo" aligned airports and deactivate for default airports. FSX default airports are not overwritten nor affected.
- Some default runways may appear in their original spot if the "Totally-Photo" airport had to be relocated a significant distance from the original FSX default location.
- This project is meant to enhance the overall appearance of airports from the aerial perspective, not necessarily from the ground level point of view.
- High terrain mesh complexity may interfere with ground or low altitude runway visuals of some realigned airports. Try reducing complexity while flying in that area.
- Remember to deactivate this folder in the FSX library when not using the state's photo scenery.
- Intended to enhance daytime VFR flight. Instrument approaches not rechecked for accuracy.
- Please report any issues or missed airfields for this state to ([email protected]).
Click on the links below to download the respective airport collections
PHOTO ALIGNED GRAND CANYON AIRPORTS (19 Kb) NEW!
PHOTO ALIGNED SOUTH CAROLINA AIRPORTS (339 Kb) NEW!
PHOTO ALIGNED HAWAII AIRPORTS (106 Kb) NEW!
PHOTO ALIGNED GEORGIA AIRPORTS (617 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED ALABAMA AIRPORTS (356 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED MISSISSIPPI AIRPORTS (332 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED GUAM AIRPORTS (13 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED FLORIDA AIRPORTS (1.07 Mb)
PHOTO ALIGNED TEXAS AIRPORTS (2.32 Mb)
PHOTO ALIGNED LOUISIANA AIRPORTS (387 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED FIVE GULF STATES AIRPORTS (4.45 Mb)
PHOTO ALIGNED OSHKOSH (7 Kb)