Free Demo Area Available
We offer a free version of MegaSceneryEarth V3 Delaware 2017 as a demo area. This title gives you the entire state of Delaware for you to get to see what you'll enjoy with MegaSceneryEarth as your photoreal world for VFR flight. To get the Delaware area, please follow the link below. You will have to go through the checkout process so that you receive a license number from our server but you WILL NOT have to enter any payment information.
Free Downloadable Charts
All titles come with FREE FAA Charts in PDF format for each state. These charts are official FAA charts however are not kept up to date and are for use for flight simulation only. To view these you need Adobe Acrobat reader which is free from adobe.com.
These chart collections include the following:
- Sectional charts for VFR flight and are at a scale of 1:500,000
- Terminal Area Charts (TAC) for major airport in a Terminal area. These are at a scale of 1:250,000. These help with VFR navigation in Terminal Areas.
The Sectional and TAC charts in particular are great for use with MegaSceneryEarth since these are the charts that pilots use in the real world for VFR navigation against the real world that is below them - which is exactly what MegaSceneryEarth gives you!
- Low Altitude IFR enroute charts
- High Altitude IFR enroute charts
- Standard Instrument Departure and Standard Terminal Arrival charts (SIDs/STARs)
- Terminal Procedures more commonly known as Instrument Approach Plates
- Where appropriate, highly detailed, low scale (1:250,000) VFR charts e.g. Grand Canyon Visual chart, for visual navigation around special interest areas.
To install these charts - simply click on the installers below and follow the instructions to install to your hard drive. You can also save these installers to your hard drive for installation at a later time.
Note: These charts or not kept up to date and are for flight simulator use only and not for real world navigation. For current up to date aeronautical charts please go to www.faa.gov.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Packs 1 and 2
For MegaSceneryEarth (or any photoscenery) to display properly in FSX, you need to either have Acceleration pack installed or FSX Service Pack 2. These updates install the latest version of the terrain.dll engine required to display MegaSceneryEarth (or any other photoscenery) correctly. The most obvious symptom if you don't have these are large black or badly colored squares over your terrain. Please note that to install SP2 you have to install FSX Service Pack 1 first.
You can download these service packs here:
FSX Service Pack 1
FSX Service Pack 2
Scenery Config Editor (FSX/FS2004)
Scenery Config Editor is a must have free tool for every flight simmer with a large scenery collection. Scenery Config Editor allows you to edit and manage your scenery.cfg in one easy-to-use graphical user interface.
You can download Scenery Config Editor from here:
Scenery Config Editor
Scenery Config Editor requires Java Run Time Environment. Many users already have this installed. If it doesn't find Java Runtime on your system, you will be directed to a link to install Java on your PC.
FREE Photo Aligned Airports Courtesy Of MegaSceneryEarth Customer Gene Lacy
There's nothing worse than flying VFR over miles of realistic photo scenery only to arrive at a cartoon looking airport!
Justflight's Airport Studio was used to realign airports to photo imagery and convert them to "Totally-Photo" by eliminating apron polygons and reassigning all taxiways as transparent apron paths. These uploads contain airports aligned to MegasceneryEarth for each particular state. Generic buildings were "excluded" if they obstructed a correctly placed pathway. Some taxiway signs may have been overlooked and left scattered about. If they pose a serious distraction at your favorite airport, report the airport identifier to [email protected].
Extract this folder to where ever you prefer and direct your FSX scenery library to this state's airports folder. Place it near the top of the library list so these airports will take priority over the default FSX airports. Activate this state's airports folder for the "Totally-Photo" aligned airports and deactivate for default airports. FSX default airports are not overwritten nor affected.
- Some default runways may appear in their original spot if the "Totally-Photo" airport had to be relocated a significant distance from the original FSX default location.
- This project is meant to enhance the overall appearance of airports from the aerial perspective, not necessarily from the ground level point of view.
- High terrain mesh complexity may interfere with ground or low altitude runway visuals of some realigned airports. Try reducing complexity while flying in that area.
- Remember to deactivate this folder in the FSX library when not using the state's photo scenery.
- Intended to enhance daytime VFR flight. Instrument approaches not rechecked for accuracy.
- Please report any issues or missed airfields for this state to ([email protected]).
Click on the links below to download the respective airport collections
PHOTO ALIGNED WASHINGTON AIRPORTS (558 Kb) NEW!
PHOTO ALIGNED ILLINOIS AIRPORTS (901 Kb) NEW!
PHOTO ALIGNED OKLAHOMA AIRPORTS (585 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED FLORIDA AIRPORTS (1.07 Mb)
PHOTO ALIGNED OSHKOSH (7 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED KANSAS AIRPORTS (596 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED DELAWARE AIRPORTS (60 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED TEXAS AIRPORTS (346.9 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED ARKANSAS AIRPORTS (409.6 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED TENNESSEE AIRPORTS (346.9 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED HAWAII AIRPORTS (106 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED GEORGIA AIRPORTS (617 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED ALABAMA AIRPORTS (356 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED MISSISSIPPI AIRPORTS (332 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED GUAM AIRPORTS (13 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED TEXAS AIRPORTS (2.32 Mb)
PHOTO ALIGNED LOUISIANA AIRPORTS (387 Kb)
PHOTO ALIGNED FIVE GULF STATES AIRPORTS (4.45 Mb)