Further improvements to, and additional features of the new MegaSceneryEarth Installer
We've just released, and added to all titles, the latest build of the new MegaSceneryEarth Downloader and Installer. The latest build has the following features, improvements and fixes.
1. Some misbehaving antivirus programs were preventing activation for some users. This no longer occurs for users having this issue.
2. We have now streamlined the download and activation process into the one file. The functions of the files verifier.exe and downloader.exe are now combined into the one new file: installer.exe which performs the activation and download process.
3. Bandwidth control. You can now modify the maximum bandwidth in the event that you are sharing an internet connection with other family members and want to not consume all of the bandwidth. A pulldown lets you choose from KBPs, MBPs and GBPs. It will only be active when the checkbox is selected. If not selected then your download will proceed at your default maximum bandwidth.
4. Option to not allow your computer to go into a scheduled sleep or hibernation mode in the event that you want to allow a download to run overnight at a slower speed.
A couple of other important things to know about our installer:
1. If you have aborted an installation part way through the installation, all you need to do is relaunch the installer and the installer will not redownload files that are already downloaded. It will only download files that have not yet been downloaded.
2. Our installer also has a self healing function. If any of your BGL files have become corrupted (rare) or missing or accidentally deleted, rerunning the installer will "heal" your installation and only replace faulty or missing files.
3. Since system files are updated early in the installation, you can begin flying your new scenery at any time during the installation. There will be gaps until all files are downloaded and your flight simulator is relaunched. For those who can't wait to fly their new scenery however, you can do so at any time during installation in order to get a glimpse at your new area.
We are working on one final feature which is a multi-threaded download. This will optimize the efficiency of your download and installation. This will particularly benefit users outside of North American where there may be some latency due to distance from our servers or if you are in a situation where there may be a slow switch somewhere between the path from our server to your connection. A multi-threaded download helps compensate in these not too common situations. We want "everyone" to enjoy an optimized experience!
We trust that fans of MegaSceneryEarth are enjoying the simple 10 click installation compared to the previous tedious method. Feedback from our customers has been great. Downloading and installing 40 to 50 Gb installations has never been easier!